Take a look inside the Scoudouc River passive house project, a 100% off-grid net-zero home located in New Brunswick, Canada. Owned and built by Richard LeBlanc of Riko Passive Homes, this unique home is powered by solar energy and equipped with energy storage and smart EV chargers; including smart EV charging. The home pushes the envelope for energy efficiency, keeping the building’s ecological footprint to the bare minimum.
Features of the Scoudouc River passive house includes:
- Complete passive house design features, including; solar orientation, high insulation, high performance windows and more
- On-site solar + storage + EV charging, including smart thermostats, a geothermal heat pump, and more
- State of the art smart home appliances including LED lights, Voice controls, Wi-Fi enabled security and energy-efficient plumbing.
- Scheduled charging during off-peak hours with JuiceBox 40A EV chargers
- Load balancing which reduces and caps EV charging load; ideal for homes with more than 2 EVs